Tokyo - Shibuya & Shimo-Kitazawa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Shibuya & Shimo-Kitazawa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Shibuya, the heart of Tokyo’s youth culture, impresses with its sheer presence: the continu-ous flow of people, the glowing video screens and the buzz. Shimo-Kitazawa offers an alterna-tive vision of Tokyo: what it might look like if hippies ran the city.
- lose yourself in the crowds at Shibuya Crossing – Japan’s busiest intersection – and get swept along in the beating heart of desire, aspiration and materialism that is Shibuya
- eat, drink and shop your way down Shibuya Center-gai, Shibuya’s always lively, neon-lit main drag
- bar-hop in bohemian Shimo-Kitazawa, beloved by generations of students, musicians and artists, starting at Mother
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.