Tokyo - Roppongi & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Roppongi & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guide-book.
Long one of Tokyo’s prime nightlife districts, Roppongi has diversified over the past decade, adding arts, culture and high-end shopping to its menu of attractions. As night falls, Roppongi Crossing becomes a magnet for an international crowd of hedonistic party-goers.
- enjoy contemporary art and Tokyo’s urban panorama from Mori Art Museum, which occu-pies the top of Mori Tower, along with the observatory Tokyo City View
- ponder cutting-edge art, architecture and design ideas at the Tadao Ando–designed 21_21 Design Sight in the park behind Tokyo Midtown
- walk through the massive entrance gate to the venerable Zojo-ji and see Tokyo Tower in the background
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.