*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tokyo - Roppongi, Akasaka & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Roppongi, Akasaka & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Long one of Tokyo’s prime nightlife districts, Roppongi has diversified over the last decade, with the successful real-estate developments Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown bringing arts, culture and shopping to the neighbourhood. Akasaka’s proximity to the National Diet, Japan’s parliament, defines it as establishment Tokyo.
- enjoy contemporary art and Tokyo’s urban panorama from the Mori Art Museum which occupies the top of Mori Tower.
- ponder cutting-edge art, architecture and design ideas at 21_21 Design Sight in the And? Tadao–designed building in the park behind Tokyo Midtown.
- walk through the massive entrance gate to the venerable Z?j?-ji and see Tokyo Tower in the background.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.