Tokyo - Roppongi, Akasaka & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Roppongi, Akasaka & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Long one of Tokyo’s prime nightlife districts, Roppongi has diversified over the last decade, with the successful real-estate developments Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown bringing arts, culture and shopping to the neighbourhood. Akasaka’s proximity to the National Diet, Japan’s parliament, defines it as establishment Tokyo.
- enjoy contemporary art and Tokyo’s urban panorama from the Mori Art Museum which occupies the top of Mori Tower.
- ponder cutting-edge art, architecture and design ideas at 21_21 Design Sight in the Andō Tadao–designed building in the park behind Tokyo Midtown.
- walk through the massive entrance gate to the venerable Zōjō-ji and see Tokyo Tower in the background.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.