Tokyo - Odaiba & Tokyo Bay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Odaiba & Tokyo Bay chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guide-book.
Odaiba, a collection of islands on Tokyo Bay, is a family-oriented leisure district, with interactive museums and pop culture attractions. If you’re interested in Tokyo’s food culture, start the day with a visit to the city’s new wholesale market in Toyosu.
- immerse yourself in the fluid, animated world of teamLab Borderless, an interactive digital art museum and one of Tokyo hottest new attractions
- get a peek inside Toyosu Market, the city’s busy wholesale market, and then treat yourself to sushi breakfast at a market restaurant
- look up at Odaiba’s unofficial mascot, Unicorn Gundam, a towering statue from the iconic anime series Gundam, illuminated against the skyline
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.