Tokyo - Marunouchi & Nihombashi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Marunouchi & Nihombashi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
The main draw of high-powered Marunouchi is the Imperial Palace, Tokyo’s symbolic centre. Neighbouring Nihombashi is a historic district with shops and restaurants that date to the era of the shogun.
- stroll through the manicured gardens of the Imperial Palace and climb the base of the keep that was at the centre of Edo Castle
- be blown away by the beautiful displays at fascinating Intermediatheque, crafted from the eclectic collection of Tokyo University
- gaze up at the vast atrium of Tokyo International Forum, which also hosts a great antiques market twice a month
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.