Tokyo - Korakuen & Akihabara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Korakuen & Akihabara chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guide-book.
This swath of Tokyo runs alongside the former outer moat of Edo Castle and the Kandagawa, from the dazzling traditional garden Koishikawa Korakuen to the electronic and pop culture em-poriums of Akihabara.
- slip into the beautiful verdant world of Koishikawa Korakuen, a classic traditional garden with a central pond, charming bridges and seasonal flowerings
- say a prayer at Kanda Myojin, a venerable Shinto shrine in Akiba
- encounter dinosaurs made from old plastic toys among the contemporary art galleries in 3331 Arts Chiyoda, a former school turned arts-and-culture centre
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout