Tokyo - Korakuen & Akihabara (PDF Chapter)
Kōrakuen has two big hitter sights: the traditional Koishikawa Kōrakuen and the entertainment complex Tokyo Dome City. Akihabara, the electronics district, has become synonymous with otaku (geeks) and their love of anime (Japanese animation), manga (Japanese comics) and J-pop culture.
- slip into the beautiful verdant world of Koishikawa Kōrakuen, a classic traditional garden with a central pond, charming bridges and seasonal flowerings.
- experience the blazing neon and wacky otaku (geek) vibe of ‘Akiba’ while taking a go-kart for a spin dressed in a Super Mario cosplay outfit at Akiba Kart.
- encounter dinosaurs made from old plastic toys amid the contemporary art galleries in 3331 Arts Chiyoda, a former school turned arts-and-culture centre.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.