Tokyo - Harajuku & Aoyama (PDF Chapter)
This is the Harajuku & Aoyama chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guide-book.
Harajuku is one of Tokyo’s biggest draws thanks to grand Meiji-jingu, street fashion, contem-porary architecture and art museums. Neighbouring Aoyama is a shopping and dining district for the fashionable elite
- leave the city behind as you pass through the towering cedar torii (entrance gate), which marks the entrance to the abode of the gods, and follow the wooded path to Meiji-jingu, Tokyo’s most impressive Shinto shrine
- gawk at the contemporary architecture, the work of Japan’s leading architects, along wide, boutique-lined Omote-sando
- stretch out on the grassy lawn or catch a food festival at Yoyogi-koen, the city’s most popular park, which buzzes with life on weekends
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.