*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tokyo - Ginza & Tsukiji (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ginza & Tsukiji chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Ginza is among the world’s most famous shopping districts. There’s also plenty of affordable dining and drinking options, including classy ramen bars. The famous bluefin tuna auctions are held at Tsukiji: also check out the mouth-watering array of food-related businesses of the outer market.
- rise early to catch the best of the city’s seafood and other delicious eats at the bustling Tsukiji Outer Market area next to the old wholesale market.
- browse some of Japan’s top designers at Dover Street Market Ginza, then continue shopping at Ginza’s poshest shops and department stores.
- line up for a one-act ticket at Kabukiza Theatre and be entertained by the Technicolor spectacle of kabuki drama.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.