Tokyo - Ginza & Tsukiji (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ginza & Tsukiji chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Ginza is Tokyo’s most polished neighbourhood, a luxury fashion centre resplendent with department stores, art galleries and exclusive restaurants. Tsukiji is no longer home to the central wholesale market but still has great food, shops and atmosphere.
- sample a delicious array of seafood and other delicious eats at bustling market Tsukiji Market, next to the old wholesale market
- line up for a one-act ticket and be entertained by the Technicolor spectacle of kabuki drama at Kabukiza
- stroll past immaculately manicured trees, some hundreds of years old, and sip green tea in beautiful bayside Hama-rikyu Onshi-teien
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout