Tokyo - Ebisu, Meguro & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ebisu, Meguro & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Bookmark this area for a day when you’re looking to take it easy. Ebisu and Meguro, both nodes on the Yamanote loop line, are gateways to largely residential (and often upscale) neighbourhoods, where Tokyo takes on a more human scale.
- explore the boutiques, cafes and leafy lanes of fashionable Daikanyama & Naka-Meguro, far removed (spiritually, at least) from central Tokyo.
- learn about the history of beer in Japan at Beer Museum Yebisu, the site of one of the country’s first breweries.
- catch an exhibition at TOP Musuem, Tokyo’s leading photography museum, where the collection includes both the icons of Japanese photography and the up-and-comers.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.