Tokyo - Day Trips from Tokyo (PDF Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Tokyo and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Mt Fuji and Nikkō.
- follow the pilgrim trail up Mt Fuji, Japan’s most famous peak, for a sunrise to beat all others
- take in the grandeur of old Edo at the spectacular shrines and temples of Nikkō
- see Hakone, a centuries-old hot-spring resort in the mist-shrouded hills southwest of Tokyo
- wander around Kamakura, an ancient feudal capital packed with temples and shrines
Coverage includes: Mt Fuji, Nikkō, Hakone and Kamakura.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.