Tokyo city guide
12th Edition Aug 2019
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
Yoking past and future, Tokyo dazzles with its traditional culture and passion for everything new. Lonely Planet is your passport to Tokyo, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Explore Shinjuku’s nightlife, shop for an outfit or two in Harajuku, escape the city for the calm of Meiji-jingū; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Tokyo Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trou-ble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – Politics, Culture, History, Pop Culture, Arts, Architecture, Onsen
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 38 colour maps
Coverage includes:Marunouchi, Nihombashi, Ginza, Tsukiji, Roppongi, Ebisu, Meguro, Shibuya, Shimo-Kitazawa, Harajuku, Aoyama, Shinjuku, Northwest Tokyo, Kōrakuen, Akihabara, Ueno, Yanesen, Asakusa, Sumida River, Odaiba, Tokyo Bay and more
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.