*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Tibet - Western Tibet (Ngari) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Tibet (Ngari) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guide-book.
Vast, thinly populated and with an average altitude of over 4500m, Ngari is Tibet's wild west, a rough and ready frontier occupying one of the remotest corners of Asia.
- joining fellow pilgrims and erasing the sins of a lifetime on the three-day trek around sacred Mt Kailash
- hiking the sandy shores of holy Lake Manasarovar, or just marvelling at the turquoise wa-ters and snow-capped mountain backdrop
- camping on the shores of the spectacular otherworldly lakes of Tagyel-tso, Dawa-tso and Peiku-tso
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Routes, Lhatse to Saga (306km), Zhangmu (Nepal Border) to Saga (280km), Saga, Saga to Zhongba (145km), Zhongba, Zhongba to Paryang (101km), Paryang to Hor Qu, Hor Qu, Northern Route, King Tiger Hot Springs & Tagyel-tso, Tsochen, Tsochen to Gertse (257km), Gertse, Gertse to Gegye (368km), Gegye, Gegye to Ali (112km), Ali, Mt Kailash & Far West Tibet, Mt Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, Tirthapuri Hot Springs & Kora, Guge Kingdom, Dungkar & Piyang, Rutok, Western Nepal to Mt Kailash, Khojarnath, and Purang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.