Tibet - Understand Tibet & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Tibet Today, History, Tibetan Landscapes, The People of Tibet, Tibetan Buddhism, Tibetan Art, The Future of Tibet, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and, Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history [add 2-3 extra topics relevant to chapter] to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities, as well as handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Tibetan Buddhism, whose values and goals permeate almost everything in the country
- info on the unique identity of the Tibetan people, which mixes influences from their Himala-yan neighbours
- full coverage of Tibetan art - paintings, architecture and literature
- details on the earth’s highest ecosystem
Coverage includes: Tibet Today, History, Tibetan Landscapes, The Peo-ple of Tibet, Tibetan Buddhism, Tibetan Art, The Future of Tibet, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and, Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.