*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Tibet - Ü (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ü chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
Ü is the Tibetan heartland and - due to its proximity to Lhasa - the first taste of rural Tibet that most visitors experience. A 'Tibet-in-miniature', it has just about all the landscapes you'll find across the plateau; from shifting sand dunes and wide rivers to soaring peaks and alpine forests.
- taking a scenic river journey across the Yarlung Tsangpo to the spectacular circular com-plex of Samye, Tibet’s first monastery
- visiting Yarlung Valley, the cradle of Tibetan civilisation, stopping at the iconic Yumbulagang, ancient Trandruk Monastery and the ruins of Rechung-puk
- squeezing, dragging and pushing yourself through the sacred cave complexes of Drak Yangdzong, an adventurous overnight pilgrim destination
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Ü, Tsurphu Monastery, Nam-tso, Lhundrub, Talung, Reting Monastery, Road to Drigung Til Monastery, Drigung Til Monastery, Tidrum Nun-nery, Yarlung Tsangpo Valley, Gongkar, Dranang Monastery, Mindroling Monastery, Namseling Manor, Dorje Drak Monastery, Drak Yangdzong, Samye Monastery, Around Samye, Ön Valley, Tsetang, Yarlung Valley, and Chongye Valley.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.