Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Tibet - Tsang (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Tsang chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
For most travellers, Tsang is either the first or last place they experience in Tibet, and the setting for two of Asia’s great mountain drives: out to far western Tibet and across the Himalayas to Nepal.
- scaling the walled ruins and mighty cliffs of Shegar Dzong, a fort and monastery on an im-probably picturesque crag
- winding through the inside of the dazzling Gyantse Kumbum, a monumental chörten with mural-filled chapels
- soaking up the holy atmosphere and towering gilded statues inside impressive Sakya Mon-astery
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yamdrok-tso, Nangartse, Gyantse & around, Gyantse to Shigatse, Shigatse & around, Phuntsoling, Sakya, Lhatse & around, Baber & Shegar, Everest Region, Tingri & around, Nyalam, Nyalam to Zhāngmù, and Zhāngmù (Dram).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.