Tibet travel guide
Tibet offers fabulous monasteries, breathtaking high-altitude walks, stunning views of the world’s highest mountains and one of the most likeable cultures you will ever encounter.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Tibet, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Tibet is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike around sacred Mt Kailash, join pilgrims at the Jokhang, Tibet's holiest sanctum, or view Mt Everest unobstructed from Rongphu Monastery; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tibet and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Tibet Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, architecture, literature, music, dance, landscapes
- Over 52 maps