*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tibet - Tibetan Treks (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tibetan Treks chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
Tibet, the highest land on earth, is a trekker’s dream. Its towering mountains, deep valleys and verdant forests offer unbounded opportunities for walking.
- best treks to do
- when to trek
- what to bring
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Planning Your Trek, What to Bring, Maps, Trekking Agencies, Permits, On The Trek, Guides & Pack Animals, Food, Drink, Trekking Routes, Ganden to Samye, Tsurphu to Yangpachen, Shalu to Nartang, Mt Kailash Kora, Nyenchen Tanglha Trav-erse, More Treks, Lake Manasarovar Kora, Everest Advance Base Camps, and Everest East Face.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.