Tibet - Tibetan Treks (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tibetan Treks chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
Tibet, the highest land on earth, is a trekker’s dream. Its towering mountains, high valleys and sacred landscapes offer unbounded opportunities for walking. On foot the joys of the Tibetan landscape are heightened and immediate, and all other modes of transport pale in compari-son.
- best treks for different interests
- advice on when to trek
- extensive advice on equipment essentials
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Planning Your Trek, What to Bring, Maps, Trekking Agencies, Permits, On The Trek, Guides & Pack Animals, Food, Drink, Trekking Routes, Ganden to Samye, Tsurphu to Dorje Ling, Shalu to Ngor, Mt Kailash Kora, Lake Manasarovar Kora, Ever-est Advance Base Camps, Everest East Face.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.