Tibet - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Title, Welcome to Tibet, Tibet’s Top 20, Need to Know, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Qīnghai–Tibet Railway, Tours & Permits, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
Your journey to Tibet starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on tours and permits.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about the Qinghai–Tibet Railway
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Title, Welcome to Tibet, Tibet’s Top 20, Need to Know, If You Like: Off-the-Beaten-Track Monasteries, Trekking & Hiking, Palaces, Forts & Temples, In-credible Scenery, Cultural Encounters, Pilgrim Paths, Overland Trips, Lakes, Outdoor Activities, Month by Month, Itineraries, Qunghai–Tibet Railway, Tours & Permits, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation