Tibet - Ngari (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ngari chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guidebook.
For most travellers the main attractions of this remote region are the almost legendary destina-tions of Mt Kailash and Lake Manasarovar. Indeed, many of the Tibetan and Indian pilgrims you meet on this road have been planning a visit all their lives.
- join fellow pilgrims to erase the sins of a lifetime on a three-day trek around sacred Mt Kailash
- hike the sandy shores of Lake Manasarovar or just marvelling at the turquoise waters and snow-capped-mountain backdrop
- camp on the shore of spectacular, otherworldly Tsari Nam-tso on the northern Changtang; alternatively, try nearby Dawa-tso or Tagyel-tso
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Ngari, Lhatse & Around, Nepal Border, Saga & Around, Drongba & Around, Paryang & Around, Hor Qu, Northern Ngari, Raka to Tsochen, Tsochen & Around, Gertse & Around, Gegye & Around, Far West Ngari, Ali, Rutok, Guge King-dom, Tirthapuri, Darchen & Mt Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, Purang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.