*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tibet - Eastern Tibet (Kham) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Tibet (Kham) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guide-book.
Kham is the face you never knew Tibet had: a land of raging rivers and impossibly deep gorges, of Alpine forests and rolling grasslands, of outspoken monks and rebel cowboys. Compared to the rest of this largely barren land, it's a world apart.
- staying with a Tibetan family in the charming village of Tashigang
- admiring the devotional spirit of pilgrims on the Bönri kora
- visiting the pilgrim power centre of Draksum-tso and its island monastery
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hwy 318: the Southern Loop, Rutok & Songdo, Gyalam: the Ancient Tea-Horse Road, Kongpo Gyamda, Draksum-tso & around, Kading Valley Scenic Area, B?y? & around, Tashigang, Bakha Monastery, Pomi, Rawok, Overland Routes from Sìchu?n & Yúnnán, Kanding, The Northern Route (Hwy 317), The Southern Route (Hwy 318), Yúnnán–Tibet Highway, and The Northern Routes of Kham.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.