Tibet - Eastern Tibet (Kham) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Tibet (Kham) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tibet guide-book.
Kham is the face you never knew Tibet had: a land of raging rivers and impossibly deep gorges, of Alpine forests and rolling grasslands, of outspoken monks and rebel cowboys. Compared to the rest of this largely barren land, it's a world apart.
- staying with a Tibetan family in the charming village of Tashigang
- admiring the devotional spirit of pilgrims on the Bönri kora
- visiting the pilgrim power centre of Draksum-tso and its island monastery
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hwy 318: the Southern Loop, Rutok & Songdo, Gyalam: the Ancient Tea-Horse Road, Kongpo Gyamda, Draksum-tso & around, Kading Valley Scenic Area, Bāyī & around, Tashigang, Bakha Monastery, Pomi, Rawok, Overland Routes from Sìchuān & Yúnnán, Kanding, The Northern Route (Hwy 317), The Southern Route (Hwy 318), Yúnnán–Tibet Highway, and The Northern Routes of Kham.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.