The Pacific Northwest's Best Trips - Washington (PDF Chapter)
The spinal Cascade Mountains cut the state metaphorically in half. In a few hours you can drive from the wet, urban, liberal, evergreen coast, via a dramatic volcano-punctuated mountain range, to the arid, conservative, vineyard-patterned and scrublike east.
- explore an old-fashioned alternative to the interstate, shadowing Puget Sound
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover Wild West towns, Bavarian villages and moody mountains
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience more float than drive around the speckled greenery of a ‘lost’ America
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Ellensburg, Thorp Grist Mill, Cle Elum, Snoqualmie Pass, Rattlesnake Lake, Mt Si, North Bend, Snoqualmie, Snoqualmie Falls, Mercer Island, Seattle, Olympia, Lake Quinault, Ruby Beach, Hoh Rainforest, Lake Crescent, Hurricane Ridge, Port Townsend, Staircase, Aberdeen, Westport, Raymond, Cape Disappointment & Ilwaco, Long Beach, Oysterville & Nahcotta, Astoria, Fort Stevens State Park, Anacortes, Friday Harbor, San Juan Vineyards, Roche Harbor, Shaw Island, Lime Kiln Point State Park, American Camp, Eastsound, Moran State Park, Rosario Resort, Lopez Island, Fairhaven, Larrabee State Park, Bow & Samish Bay, La Conner, Deception Pass, Ebey’s Landing, Coupeville, Langley, Everett, Steven’s Pass, Leavenworth, Wenatchee, Chelan, Winthrop, Mazama, Washington & Rainy Passes, Ross & Diablo Lakes, Marblemount, Rockport, Burlington, Elbe, Ashford, Nisqually Entrance, Longmire, Ricksecker Point, Narada Falls, Paradise, Reflection Lakes, Ohanapecosh, Packwood, White Pass, Boulder Cave, Chinook Pass, Sunrise, Carbon River Entrance, Federation Forest State Park, Centralia, Mt St Helens Silver Lake Visitor Center, Hoffstadt Bluffs Visitor Center, Coldwater Lake, Johnston Ridge Observatory, Bear Meadow, Spirit Lake & Windy Ridge Viewpoint, Ape Cave, Lava Canyon, Cougar, Yakima, Toppenish, Rattlesnake Hills, Prosser, Red Mountain, Richland, Kennewick & Pasco, Yakama Scenic Byway, Dayton & Waitsburg, West Walla Walla, Walla Walla, South Walla Walla, Lummi Island, Bellingham, Mt Baker Vineyards, Glacier, Nooksack Falls, Heather Meadows & Ski Area, Artist Point, Newport, Sandpoint, Creston, Boswell, Creston Valley Wildlife Area, Crawford Bay, Kootenay Lake Ferry, Nelson, Ymir, Tiger, Seattle Walking Tour, Bellingham Walking Tour and Leavenworth Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.