The Pacific Northwest's Best Trips - Cross Regional Classic Trips (PDF Chapter)
All of our Pacific Northwest trips show you the best of the region, but we’ve chosen some as our all-time favorites. Our two cross-regional Classic Trips lead you to the most iconic sights, the top activities and the uniquely Pacific Northwest experiences.
- follow the Columbia River on a historic drive that marks the climax of Lewis and Clark’s cross-continental 1805 journey
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- towering waterfalls, excellent hiking, hot springs, fruit farms – what else could you want from a long weekend?
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Tri-Cities, Maryhill, Celilo Falls, Columbia Hills Historical State Park, The Dalles, Bonneville, Beacon Rock State Park, Skamokawa, Station Camp & Dismal Nitch, Cape Disappointment, Astoria, Cannon Beach, Long Beach Discovery Trail, Troutdale, Portland Women’s Forum, Vista House, Waterfalls, Bonneville Dam & Fish Hatchery, Hot Springs, Lost Lake, Hood River, Rowena Crest, Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, Highway 35, Parkdale and Mt Hood.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.