The Netherlands - Utrecht (PDF Chapter)
This is the Utrecht chapter from Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands guidebook.
Don’t underrate the petite province of Utrecht. Its famous namesake city – with its throngs of students, tree-lined canals and medieval quarter – deserves the limelight. No set piece, it has a plethora of hip, fun bars and cafes.
- see clear to Amsterdam from the tower of the Domtoren, Utrecht’s ‘missing’ cathedral, whose foundations also make for fascinating guided explorations
- combe medieval atmosphere with what was, in the late 19th century, the epitome of tech-nologically advanced interiors, all in one moated, neo-Gothic castle, the Kasteel de Haar
- get into the mind of abstract artist Piet Mondrian, then stroll the pretty central streets and canal-sides in Amersfoort
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Utrecht City, Amersfoort.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.