The Netherlands - Understand the Netherlands and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Netherlands Today, History, The Dutch Way of Life, Dutch Art, Ar-chitecture, The Dutch Landscape, Dutch Cuisine, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chap-ters from Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, art and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown of the country’s art and architecture, from Vermeer and Golden Age canal houses to eye-popping contemporary statements
- info on the Netherlands’ famously flat landscapes
- full coverage of the Netherlands’ history of exploration and trade
- details on the Dutch way of life, the national psyche and the hot issues of the day
Coverage includes: The Netherlands Today, History, The Dutch Way of Life, Dutch Art, Architecture, The Dutch Landscape, Dutch Cuisine, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation