*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
The Netherlands - Understand The Netherlands and Survival Guide
This chapter contains the The Netherlands Today, History, The Dutch Way of Life, Dutch Art, Architecture, The Dutch Landscape, Dutch Cuisine, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Netherlands guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, the Dutch lifestyle, windmills and Vincent van Gogh to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Dutch beer
- info on contemporary architecture
- full coverage of polders and dykes
- details on the Dutch tulip craze
Coverage includes: The Netherlands Today, History, The Dutch Way of Life, Dutch Art, Architecture, The Dutch Landscape, Dutch Cuisine, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.