The Netherlands - Rotterdam & South Holland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rotterdam & South Holland chapter from Lonely Planet’s The Nether-lands guidebook.
It’s the contrasts that make South Holland and Zeeland so compelling: from Rotterdam’s ev-er-growing portfolio of cutting-edge buildings, to Delft’s historic town centre, so well-preserved that you’ll feel as if you’ve been transported back to Holland’s 17th-century Golden Age.
- explore cutting-edge architecture, art and the vibrant cafe culture on offer in Rotterdam, ‘the city that’s never finished’
- tiptoe through flowering tulips at the sensational Keukenhof Gardens
- be bewitched by Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl Earring at Mauritshuis in Den Haag
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South Holland, Rotterdam, Delfshaven & Schiedam, Dordrecht, Gouda, Den Haag (The Hague), Delft, Leiden, Lisse, Zeeland, Middelburg, Veere, Domburg, Waterland Neeltje Jans, Schouwen-Duiveland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.