The Netherlands - Rotterdam & South Holland (PDF Chapter)
In the iconic region southwest of Amsterdam, tulips, windmills, cheese, Dutch Masters and blue-and-white Delftware china abound, but it’s the cities here – Rotterdam, Leiden, Delft and Den Haag – that are the biggest draws.
- delve into experimental galleries, street art, inspired food and bar scenes, and cutting-edge architecture in ‘the city that’s never finished’, Rotterdam
- stroll amid the Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse, filled with thousands of flowering tulips in spring, and view its castle and tulip museum year-round
- tour the splendid Binnenhof palace in regal Den Haag
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South Holland, Rotterdam, Around Rotterdam, Dordrecht, Biesbosch National Park, Slot Loevestein, Gouda, Den Haag (The Hague), Delft, Leiden, Around Leiden, Zeeland, Middelburg, Around Middelburg, Waterland Neeltje Jans and Schouwen-Duiveland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.