The Netherlands - Maastricht & Southeastern Netherlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Maastricht & Southeastern Netherlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands guidebook.
Things are different below the rivers: the provinces of Noord Brabant and Limburg have a character that’s more Catholic, more relaxed, and in the case of southern Limburg, hillier than elsewhere in the Netherlands.
- thrill in the good life and go bonkers at Maastricht’s annual Carnaval
- decode the myriad messages in the works of the artist with whom Den Bosch is inextricably associated at the Jheronimus Bosch Art Center
- mix nostalgia with tech-design artistry at the brilliant Philips Museum, which celebrates Eindhoven’s trademark international brand
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Maastricht, Valkenburg, Roermond, Noord Brabant, Den Bosch, Eindhoven, Tilburg, Breda, Bergen op Zoom.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.