No code necessary. See terms.
The Netherlands - Haarlem & North Holland (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Haarlem & North Holland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Netherlands guidebook.
The quintessentially Dutch province of Noord-Holland (North Holland) wraps around Amsterdam like a crown. Less than 20km west of Amsterdam, but entirely its own city, elegant Haarlem is the region’s capital and a charming example of 17th-century grandeur.
- view priceless works of Dutch Masters at the Frans Hals Museum in Golden Age Haarlem
- take in the centuries-old spectacle of the Kaasmarkt (cheese market) in the quaint town of Edam
- experience hardy seafaring life in the days before the Afsluitdijk (Barrier Dyke) at Enkhuizen’s Zuiderzeemuseum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Holland, Haarlem, Around Haarlem, Zaanse Schans, Waterland Region, Alkmaar, Broek op Langedijk, Hoorn, Enkhuizen, Medemblik, Den Helder, Texel, Muiden, Het Gooi, Flevoland, Lelystad and Urk.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.