*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
The Netherlands - Haarlem & North Holland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Haarlem & North Holland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Netherlands guidebook.
The quintessentially Dutch province of Noord-Holland (North Holland) wraps around Amsterdam like a crown. Less than 20km west of Amsterdam, but entirely its own city, elegant Haarlem is the region’s capital and a charming example of 17th-century grandeur.
- view priceless works of Dutch Masters at the Frans Hals Museum in Golden Age Haarlem
- take in the centuries-old spectacle of the Kaasmarkt (cheese market) in the quaint town of Edam
- experience hardy seafaring life in the days before the Afsluitdijk (Barrier Dyke) at Enkhuizen’s Zuiderzeemuseum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Holland, Haarlem, Around Haarlem, Zaanse Schans, Waterland Region, Alkmaar, Broek op Langedijk, Hoorn, Enkhuizen, Medemblik, Den Helder, Texel, Muiden, Het Gooi, Flevoland, Lelystad and Urk.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.