The Netherlands - Friesland (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Friesland (Fryslân) chapter from Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands guidebook.
This unspoilt northerly province is the spot to take your foot off the pedal and go slow, Frie-sian-style, amid raw coastal nature, slender islands with forest, dunes and beaches threaded with cycling paths, and a profusion of namesake black-and-white cows.
- explore Leeuwarden’s excellent museums and creative culinary scene
- commune with nature on Schiermonnikoog – ‘Grey Monk Island’ – a national park teeming with bird life and serenity
- travel back in time to the Dutch Golden Age and learn about traditional furniture-painting in picture-postcard Hindeloopen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Leeuwarden (Ljouwert), Waddenzee Coast, Harl-ingen, Southwestern Friesland, Sneek (Snits), Hindeloopen (Hylpen), Frisian Islands, Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland, Schiermonnikoog.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.