The Netherlands - Central Netherlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Netherlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands guidebook.
The ‘forgotten’ provinces of Overijssel and Gelderland combine historic trade centres of abundant cultural wealth with natural beauty. Hoge Veluwe National Park, containing the Kröller-Müller Museum (with one of the world’s finest Van Gogh collections), should star in any Dutch itinerary.
- grab a free white bike and pedal through forest, sand dune and pea-green parkland in Hoge Veluwe National Park
- admire the world’s second-largest collection of works by Vincent Van Gogh at the Kröller-Müller Museum
- uncover sumptuous medieval architecture in the backstreets of the Hanseatic city of Deventer and head-turning new innovations in its old harbour
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Overijssel, Deventer, Zwolle, Kampen, We-erribben-Wieden National Park, Twente, Gelderland, Nijmegen, Groesbeek, Arnhem, Hoge Ve-luwe National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.