The Netherlands - Amsterdam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amsterdam chapter from Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands guide-book.
Amsterdam works its fairy-tale magic in many ways: via the gabled Golden Age buildings, the glinting boat-filled canals, and especially the cosy, centuries-old bruin cafés (pubs), where can-dles burn low and beers froth high.
- plunge into the Rijksmuseum’s treasure chest of Vermeers, Rembrandts and other national riches
- experience a young girl’s hidden life during WWII at the Anne Frank Huis
- admire the vivid swirls of a tortured genius at the Van Gogh Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation