*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
The Netherlands - Amsterdam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amsterdam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Netherlands guidebook.
Amsterdam works its fairy-tale magic in many ways: via the gabled Golden Age buildings, the glinting boat-filled canals, and especially the cosy, centuries-old brown cafés, where candles burn low and beers froth high.
- plunge into the Rijksmuseum, housing a trove of Vermeers, Rembrandts and other national riches
- experience a young girl’s hidden life at Anne Frank Huis
- admire the vivid swirls of a tortured genius at the Van Gogh Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.