The Italian Lakes - Understand the Italian Lakes and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the The Italian Lakes Today, History, The Arts, Villas & Gardens, The Lakes Kitchen, On the Wine Trail, Fashion & Design, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s The Italian Lakes guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and design to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the finest food and wine
- info on Milan’s world-famous fashion and design
- full coverage of the arts, architecture and history that shaped the region
- details on the design and history behind the region’s stunning villas and gardens
Coverage includes: The Italian Lakes Today, History, The Arts, Villas & Gardens, The Lakes Kitchen, On the Wine Trail, Fashion & Design, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation