The Italian Lakes - Milan (PDF Chapter)
Milan’s grand Gothic cathedral lies at the heart of this one-time imperial Roman capital, and expresses the love of beauty and power that still drives the city today. At times brash, beneath the veneer is a serious sense of history and place.
- climb to the roof of Milan’s marble Duomo for views of its sculpted spires
- admire centuries of invention in da Vinci’s masterful mural, the Last Supper
- get up close with some of Italy’s finest masterpieces in Pinacoteca di Brera
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Neighbourhoods at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.