The Italian Lakes - Lake Garda & Around (PDF Chapter)
Lake Garda is the largest of the Italian lakes and exploring this region can’t be rushed. You’ll want to linger in Sirmione’s thermal pools, ferry-hop between villages, tour vineyards and sit be-neath the stars in Verona and enjoy world-class opera.
- enjoy an evening of opera beneath the stars at the Roman Arena in Verona
- marvel at Mantegna’s frescoes in Mantua’s Palazzo Ducale, and decipher coded meanings in the pleasure palace, Palazzo Te
- take to the Riva del Garda’s azure water by boat, windsurf or catamaran beneath the snow-capped peaks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lake Garda South Bank, Lake Garda West Bank, Lake Garda North Bank, Lake Garda East Bank, Verona, Verona’s Wine Country, Valpolicella, Soave, Mantua.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.