The Italian Lakes - Lake Como & Around (PDF Chapter)
Set in the shadow of the snow-covered Rhaetian Alps and hemmed in on both sides by steep, verdant hillsides, Lake Como is perhaps the most spectacular of the three major lakes, lit-tered with picture-postcard villages including exquisite Bellagio and Varenna.
- explore Como’s bustling plazas and hidden medieval lanes
- wander the scenic waterfront of Varenna, then climbing to the hilltop fortress of Castello di Vezio for superlative views
- imagine how 19th-century aristocrats lived overlooking the gorgeous gardens of fabled Vil-la Carlotta
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Como, Triangolo Lariano, Bellagio, Torno, Lake Como West Bank, Cernobbio, Moltrasio & Laglio, Argegno, Ossuccio & Isola Comacina, Lenno, Tremezzo, Menaggio & Val Menaggio, Rezzonico, Gravedona, Peglio & Domaso, Lake Como East Bank, Correno Plinio, Varenna, Valtellina, Lake Lugano, Lugano (Switzerland) & Around, Bellinzona.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.