Thailand's Islands & Beaches - Ko Samui & the Lower Gulf (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ko Samui & the Lower Gulf chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand's Islands & Beaches guidebook.
The Lower Gulf features Thailand’s ultimate island trifecta: Ko Samui, Ko Pha-Ngan and Ko Tao. This family of spectacular islands lures millions of tourists every year with their powder-soft sands and emerald waters.
- find Nemo in the technicolour dive kingdom of Ko Tao
- paddle to hidden bleach-blond beaches in Ang Thong Marine National Park
- string up a cotton hammock and toe the curling tide along a secluded beach on Ko Pha-Ngan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gulf Islands, Ko Samui, Ko Pha-Ngan, Ko Tao, Ang Thong Marine National Park, Surat Thani Province, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat Prov-ince, Ao Khanom, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Songkhla Province, Songkhla & Around, Hat Yai, Deep South, Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.