Thailand's Islands & Beaches - Ko Chang & the Eastern Seaboard (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ko Chang & the Eastern Seaboard chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand's Islands & Beaches guidebook.
Two islands – Ko Samet and Ko Chang – are the magnets that draw travellers to the eastern seaboard. The mainland has plenty of its own attractions, though, from international resorts like Pattaya to the charismatic, old-world charm of Chantha-buri.
- snorkel and jungle trek on Ko Chang, an island that offers something for everyone
- float the day away at Ko Kut’s marvellous beaches
- swim with the fishes in gin-clear waters at little Ko Wai, near Ko Chang
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Si Racha, Ko Si Chang, Bang Saen, Pattaya, Rayong & Ban Phe, Ko Samet, Chanthaburi, Trat, Ko Chang, Ko Kut, Ko Mak.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation