*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Thailand's Islands & Beaches - Bangkok & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bangkok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand’s Islands & Beaches guidebook.
If all you want to do is kick back on a beach, Bangkok might seem like a transit burden full of concrete towers instead of palm trees. But it’s shockingly easy to succumb to Bangkok’s conveniences, sophistication and fast pace.
- bask in the glow of all that gold at Wat Phra Kaew & Grand Palace
- take in the immense Buddha statue at Wat Pho
- skip between sightseeing spots on a cruise of Thonburi’s canals
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.