*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Thailand's Islands & Beaches - Bangkok & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bangkok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand’s Islands & Beaches guidebook.
If all you want to do is kick back on a beach, Bangkok might seem like a transit burden full of concrete towers instead of palm trees. But it’s shockingly easy to succumb to Bangkok’s conveniences, sophistication and fast pace.
- bask in the glow of all that gold at Wat Phra Kaew & Grand Palace
- take in the immense Buddha statue at Wat Pho
- skip between sightseeing spots on a cruise of Thonburi’s canals
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.