No code necessary. See terms.
Thailand - Northern Thailand (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Northern Thailand chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand guidebook.
The region’s premier draw is its nature, and northern Thailand’s rugged geography is a playground for outdoor pursuits ranging from a rafting excursion in Um Phang to a hike among wild orchids in Mae Hong Son.
- explore nature reserves such as Phitsanulok’s Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park or Mae Hong Son’s Salawin National Park
- hike and raft in remote Um Phang, where the end of the road leads to Nam Tok Thilawsu, Thailand’s most beautiful waterfall
- investigate the unique culture of remote Chinese outposts such as Mae Salong (Santikhiri).
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lamphun, Doi Khun Tan National Park, Lampang, and around, Chiang Rai, Ban Ruam Mit & Around, Mae Salong (Santikhiri), Mae Sai, Chiang Saen, Sop Rua, Chiang Khong, Phayao, Phrae, Nan and around, Phitsanulok, Phu Hin Rong Kla, Sukhothai, Si Satchanalai-Chaliang Historical Park, Kamphaeng Phet, Tak Province, Mae Sot, Um Phang & around, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son Province, Pai, Soppong & around, Mae Hong Son & around, Khun Yuam and Mae Sariang & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.