Thailand - Chiang Mai Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiang Mai Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand guide-book.
Historic monasteries and cooking courses are just part of the picture. Get out into the sur-rounding province to find a jumble of forested hills, great for rafting, hiking, mountain biking and other adrenalin-charged activities.
- take in Chiang Mai’s finest temple, Wat Phra Singh
- chat with monks and discovering what motivates Chiang Mai’s men in orange
- learn how to make the perfect green curry in a cooking class
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chiang Mai, Northern Chiang Mai Province, Mae Rim, Chiang Dao, Doi Ang Khang, Tha Ton, Southern Chiang Mai Province, San Kamphaeng & Bo Sang, San Kamphaeng Hot Springs, Hang Dong, Doi Inthanon National Park, Mae Kam-pong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.