*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Thailand - Chiang Mai Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiang Mai Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Thailand guidebook.
Chiang Mai is more country retreat than mega-metropolis, but this historic city has evolved into a major traveller centre. The surrounding province is a jumble of forested hills, and visitors flock here for rafting, hiking and mountain biking.
- take in Chiang Mai’s golden trinity – Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- meet monks at Monk Chat and discovering what motivates Chiang Mai’s men in orange
- learn how to make green curry during a Chiang Mai cooking class
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chiang Mai, Northern Chiang Mai Province, Mae Rim, Mae Sa–Samoeng Loop, Chiang Dao, Doi Ang Khang, Fang, Tha Ton, Southern Chiang Mai Province, San Kamphaeng & Bo Sang, San Kamphaeng Hot Springs, Hang Dong, Ban Tawai and Doi Inthanon National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.