Texas - Understand Texas and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Texas Today, History, Life in Texas, Music Scene, Football!, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Texas guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history [add 2-3 extra topics relevant to chapter] to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the state’s varied and surprising landscape
- info on Texas’ music – a big bit country and a little bit rock and roll
- full coverage of life in Texas – more than cowboy boots and pickup trucks
- details on football, football and more football
Coverage includes: Texas Today, History, Life in Texas, Music Scene, Football!, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation