*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Texas - Gulf Coast & South Texas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gulf Coast & South Texas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Texas guide-book.
America’s ‘Third Coast,’ as it has dubbed itself, is a place of many contrasts. The beach-town scene of Port Aransas is a sea of calm compared with the frenetic hedonism of South Padre Is-land, for one.
- bird-watch in Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, a coastal wetlands reserve of nearly 115,000 acres that serve as spotting grounds for hundreds of species
- get up close and personal with wild alligators at Brazos Bend State Park
- gape at the Bishop’s Palace – the crowning jewel of Galveston during the 1800s, the is-land’s heyday as the country’s second-busiest port
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Beaumont & Around, The Golden Triangle, Orange, Port Arthur, Galveston, The Coastal Bend, West Columbia & Around, Matagorda, Aransas Na-tional Wildlife Refuge, Rockport & Fulton, Coastal Plains, Victoria, Goliad, Corpus Christi Area, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Mustang & Padre Island Beaches, Kingsville, Lower Gulf Coast, Port Isabel, South Padre Island, Rio Grande Valley, Brownsville & Around, McAllen & Around, Laredo.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.