Texas - Dallas & the Panhandle Plains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dallas & the Panhandle Plains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Texas guidebook.
Dallas and Fort Worth may be next-door neighbors, but they’re hardly twins – or even kissing cousins. While the two cities have starkly different facades, they share a love of high (and low) culture and good old-fashioned Texan fun.
- relive the tragic day of JFK’s assassination at Dallas’ Dealey Plaza and the Sixth Floor Museum
- wander the beautifully preserved town of Waxahachie, dating to the 1870s
- meander through forgotten small towns, lush ranches and evocative wide open spaces on Texas Hwy 70
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dallas & Around, Fort Worth & Around, Grapevine, Frisco, McKinney, Denton, Decatur, Arlington, Waxahachie, Glen Rose, Waco, Panhandle Plains, Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, San Angelo, Junction, Abilene, Albany, Lubbock, Texas Hwy 70, Turkey, Quitaque, Caprock Canyons State Park & Trailway, Palo Duro Canyon, Amarillo & Around, Canadian.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation