Texas - Austin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Austin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Texas guidebook.
A big city with a small-town heart, Austin earns the love through great music, fantastic parks, culinary prowess, cool murals, whip-smart locals and an irresistible sociable streak. The city easi-ly earns its title of ‘Live Music Capital of the World.’
- catch a band at the iconic Continental Club or one of Austin’s hundreds of other music venues
- watch the nightly exodus of America’s largest urban bat colony in summer
- gaze up at the Texas star 266ft above you at Texas State Capitol
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.